GRA Quantum is a pioneering information security firm founded upon the belief that every organization has the right to keep its data private and secure. Our mission is to build close partnerships with our clients, serving them not as just a vendor, but as trusted advisors helping to build effective, proactive plans. Our focus is always on both the technical and human elements within an organization. We believe in comprehensive strategies designed to harden networks, deflect attackers, and rapidly recover from any accidents. As technology progresses, so too do our tactics, ensuring our experts are always prepared to serve forward-looking leaders eager to stay ahead of emerging threats. GRA Quantum is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Global Risk Advisors.
GRA Quantum is seeking a focused Finance & Operations professional to take on an exciting and high profile role in Salt Lake City, UT. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company’s strategic direction with focus on the execution of financial and accounting activities. The successful candidate will assist with Program & Project Management efforts, working closely with a distributed team. The scope of involvement requires someone that is proactive, communicative, diligent, and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with President to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Analyze information, forecast sales against expenses and create annual budget plan
- Compile information, analyze and monitor actual sales against projected sales
- Analyze differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning
- Implement a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks
- Ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability
- Ensures P&L is accurate (i.e. costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
- Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Project/Program Management techniques / methodologies such as Scrum
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Develop CRM processes to track deal flow and time tracker database to track utilization of billable employees
- Have intimate knowledge of cycle/timeline for all ongoing, past and future projects (contract/SOW dates, execution, billing/invoicing, AR/collections, etc.)
- Responsible for timely invoicing of all client engagements.
- Oversee the execution of client projects while guiding and developing individual team members
- Provide project status updates to the client – or their represented counsel – including project burn rate, deliverables, obstacles, etc.
- Be available to travel on short notice to client sites to provide in-person support to client engagements
- Manage the tracking of clients from engagement to post-mortem client analysis
- Maintain all documentation in reference to sales opportunities
Requirements and Qualifications
- Results-focused, with an ability to manage multiple activities to published deadlines
- Proven ability to manage the idea-incubation lifecycle at all stages – from initial idea, to requirements, to planning, through to delivery and project completion
- Excellent time management skills, ability to efficiently prioritize and multitask, and work under pressure to meet deadlines and team objectives
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word Skills Desired
- Experience with project management within the Financial Services industry and/or Information Technology desired but not required
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or related major with strong organizational and leadership skills
- MBA or equivalent desired but not required