GRA Quantum is a pioneering information security firm founded upon the belief that every organization has the right to keep its data private and secure. Our mission is to build close partnerships with our clients, serving them not as just a vendor, but as trusted advisors helping to build effective, proactive plans. Our focus is always on both the technical and human elements within an organization. We believe in comprehensive strategies designed to harden networks, deflect attackers, and rapidly recover from any accidents. Our approach is Human+Cyber/Technical+Physical. As technology progresses, so too do our tactics, ensuring our experts are always prepared to serve forward-looking leaders eager to stay ahead of emerging threats. GRA Quantum is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Global Risk Advisors.
GRA Quantum is seeking a Systems Engineer to take on an exciting role in Salt Lake City, UT. This position is perfect for individuals to utilize experience building, supporting, and administering a variety of information technology platforms. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Managed Security Services and should have experience administering, implementing, and securing IT platforms such as services Office 365, Gsuite, Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), Endpoint Protection, Mobile Device Management, and others. The right candidate should also have experience integrating cloud services, configuring cloud security, and managing cloud logging solutions. Experience with AWS, GCP, SIEM, and other advanced systems is a plus, but not required.
Skills Required and Job Responsibilities
You will be at the front lines with our clients, supporting them with their system administration and engineering needs:
- Plan, design, and implement IT systems during client engagements, and provide ongoing support.
- Perform technical health checks for IT platforms/environments prior to broader deployments.
- Support proof of concept and production deployments of a variety of technologies.
- Assist clients with transitions to a managed services environment via tenant setup, log processing setup, policy configuration, and agent deployment.
- Provide technical support for services and resolve service-related issues through research, troubleshooting, and working with vendors.
- Execute on system engagements during different phases of the lifecycle – assess, design, and implementation.
- Design and develop system-specific security policies, standards and procedures e.g., CASB tenant management, proxy server management, firewall management, SSL/IPSec, security incident and event management (SIEM), data protection (DLP, encryption), user account management (SSO, SAML), and password/key management.
- Design and implement service integrations, network requirements, and data flow.
- Document all technical issues, analysis, client communication, and resolution.
- Provide internal technical training to Advisory personnel as needed.
- Act as a subject matter expert for system changes and project deliverables.
- Incorporate change management into all processes and procedures.
- Create technically detailed reports on device status, change management, hardware/software upgrades, and other areas as needed.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with managing enterprise technology solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Security systems implementation, engineering, and/or administration
- SANS or CCSP certifications
- Understanding of Cloud networks, such as GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Strong security background, as it pertains to risk mitigation and awareness
- Scripting experience, preferably in Python
- Firewall management, administration, design, and/or implementation
- Strong Linux experience
- Experience using Logrhythm desired
- SEIM system administrator experience
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) is desired
- Knowledge of Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions (ACAS) Scans is desired